Welcome

This is a random blog of blogging goodness. I hope you all feel welcome here and enjoy the random bloggy goodness.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Script vs. Novel vs. Short Story vs...

So, April is the month of Script Frenzy, which sadly, I am not doing... but that's probably because 1. I suck at ideas, and 2. I suck at scripts... I think I'm funny and I'm not, I'll admit that... I laugh at my own jokes and they aren't actually funny... like, to ANYONE. But, I have written a rather.. (cough, cough) may I say *Crappy* (cough, cough) novel and am working on another. But I've also written a short story or two and have just recently completed a script with a group of people for Drama class... The real question is, which is funner to write?
I think the part I enjoyed about the script is the fact that I know who is who and we are going to present it. I got to laugh at the things because I knew people would see how they were actually supposed to turn out. I think the part I would dislike most about writing a script would be the fact that I could not add as much detail to the writing.
Writing the novel or two, or at least working on them is fun to. You get to develop the characters and get attached to them easily, especially because you are with them for such a long time. The only thing is, it can also get annoying being with them for so long.
Short Stories are fun to write for a quick idea. You use one dimensional characters and a simple plot, but it puts an idea to paper in an interesting format.
I know, that I enjoy writing all three types of writing, depending on the idea that is to be written, and all are wonderful forms, as are many others

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and appropriate, this blog is for everyone. Thank you